Islamic geometric patterns are one of the major forms of Islamic ornament that are often built on combinations of repeated squares and circles, which may be overlapped and interlaced, to form intricate and complex patterns. These may constitute the entire decoration, may form a framework for floral or calligraphic embellishments, or may retreat into the background as motif.
- Learn the construction of symmetrical geometry shapes to build a striking Islamic pattern
- Know the symbolism and the terminology of Islamic Geometry with its origin.
- In this workshop you will be able to learn ‘Circle of Life’ grid along with the six fold Geometric patterns. The role of grids in Islamic geometric design is an essential part which will be broken down in the workshop.
- By the end of this session you will be able to understand how Islamic geometric patterns are constructed and can apply this technical knowledge to come up with your own pattern.
- At the end of the workshop you will have a neatly drafted pattern handmade by you with live guidance and feedback from the instructor.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Date: 26th June 2021 Saturday.
Time: 4:00 pm IST